The ULTIMATE plank workout to strengthen your core. These plank exercises will tone your abs without a single crunch.
First of all, Happy Labor Day Babes!! I’ve got a quick ab workout for ya today so you can enjoy the holiday! 😉
We are taking the plank game up a notch today with this amazing plank workout.
A few weeks ago we went over the basics on how to do a perfect plank. So today we are going to build on that with this quick and efficient plank workout…which means ZERO crunches, and so. much. ABS!
I’ve also teamed up with another amazing brand today to share SUPER affordable and stylish workout gear to make you feel amazing during your workout. Senita Athletics was founded by two sister in Arizona who didn’t want to sacrifice quality and cute clothes for a lower cost. So they designed their own!
They designed a line of durable, fashionable, and functional products at a fraction of the price, and I am in LOVE.
First of all, these leggings and sports bra together only cost $66. WHAT?! You can’t even find a pair of workout leggings for that usually.
And let me tell you, I’ve had SO MANY compliments from clients and from random people on the street, and in Pilates classes wearing these pants! Even Nik said they make my booty look good…and he’s seen a ton of different yoga pant brands. LOL
Also, can we just talk about the fact that they have POCKETS in like all of their pants?!
How amazing is that?! They even have sports bras with pockets built in, too. Yup, I’m officially obsessed!
I’d also like to add in that this sports bra has been through the ringer this week, and has held up to all sorts of “tests”…the burpee test HA!, the yoga test (ya know, being upside down and still holding everything in…), Pilates, you name it, I’ve tried it. I basically haven’t taken the thing off…
I’m gonna order it in every color they have! Also, how cute is the strap detail, and mesh? LOVE.
Get the Gear
Yoga Design Lab Combo Mat (in Geo)
Get the Look
Senita Athletics (use the code “livefit10” for 10% off your order until 9/18/17!)
The ULTIMATE Plank Workout
Complete this plank workout as a circuit, moving from one exercise to the next without rest. For a more advanced workout, repeat this circuit one or two more times.
- Elbow Plank – First, start in an elbow plank making sure your elbows are directly under your shoulders. Slightly tuck your pelvis to engage your lower abs and keep pressure out of your lower back. Squeeze your booty, and lengthen out through the crown of your head. Learn how to do a plank and see more tips on perfecting your form.
- Plank + Booty Lift – In your elbow plank, tuck your pelvis even more to tighten your lower abs. Then with control, raise your RIGHT leg up about 6 inches, squeezing your booty at the top. Lower your leg back down to the mat, and then repeat lifting the LEFT leg up. Repeat alternating legs for 20 repetitions total. Remember to keep your hips steady, and abs tight the entire time.
- Full Plank – Now, come up to a full plank on your hands. Start with your hands directly under your shoulders, and be sure your elbows aren’t completely locked out. Slightly tuck your pelvis and keep your booty tight. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Arm Reach Plank – In your full plank position, walk your feet just a little wider than shoulder width apart. Engage your lower abs to keep your hips steady. Slightly shift your weight into your RIGHT hand, then carefully raise your LEFT arm out in front of you. Lower the LEFT hand back to the floor with control, and then repeat lifting the RIGHT arm up. Continue alternating arms for 20 repetitions total.
- Arm + Leg Reach Plank – Come back into your full plank position on your hands. This time as you lift your RIGHT arm in front, lift your LEFT leg back as well. Make sure to keep your hips steady engaging your abs and obliques. Lower back down with control, and then alternate reaching the opposite arm and leg. Complete 10 repetitions on each side, and be sure to go nice and slow!
- Side Plank – Now lay on your RIGHT side, and bring your RIGHT elbow under your RIGHT shoulder. Engage your obliques, then lift your hips off the mat to come into a side plank position. Be sure to keep your hips ups, and use your lower obliques to stay up. Hold for 30 seconds, and then move onto the next exercise before switching sides.
- Side Plank Crunch – Come into a side plank with your RIGHT elbow on the floor. Lift your LEFT leg slightly, then reach your LEFT arm overhead. Use your obliques to pull your LEFT knee and elbow towards each other to feel a slight pinch in your waistline. Reach the arms and leg away from each other, and then repeat 15 times before switching sides for your Side Plank and Side Plank Crunch.
- Reverse Plank – Finally, turn over to sit on your booty. Place your hands on the floor slightly behind you with your finger pointing towards you. Engage your core and arms, then lift your booty up to make a straight line from your head to your feet. Squeeze your booty, and keep your hips lifted the entire time. Hold for 30 seconds.
So, now it’s time to get those abs fired up! ♥︎