As I started to re-organize my Pinterest boards the other day to make them more user friendly, I realized that I needed more lunch and dinner recipes. Luckily, as you know from my Apple Picking Adventure, I have a TON of apples! So what better way to use them up than by dicing them up and topping a salad with them for a tasty and easy lunch!
This is a perfect fall-inspired salad that uses seasonal apples and cranberries! YUM! I also added some shredded chicken breast that I make every week during my weekly meal prep. Add a small handful of walnuts and some tangy goat cheese, and this salad is protein-packed, filling, and oh-so-satisfying!!
This recipe makes two salads, so why not make one for a girlfriend at work or school? We love making lunch for each other and exchanging them a few times a week! It’s a fun way to try new things you may never have though about eating, AND it will save both of you some time during your meal prepping! 😉
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 6 big handfuls of greens
- 1 reg apple – I used Honeycrisp!
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- 1–2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix salad ingredients to gently toss.
- Whisk together dressing and drizzle over salad.
- If preparing this in advance, store dressing separately so your salad doesn’t get soggy!
- Serving Size: 2