The BEST ab exercises to strengthen and tone your core. Add this abdominal routine into your workout schedule for a flat stomach, to relieve back pain, and improve your workouts.
Finally popping back in with a new ab workout for you ladies after wayyyy too long off!
As I’ve mentioned — I’ve been working on a lot of amazing things for you ladies and more workouts are definitely on the way…but today, I wanted to pop in and share my absolute FAVORITE ab exercises. These are the best exercises to tone your abs and sculpt your midsection.
This workout is in partnership with one of my favorite brands — Athleta! I have loved Athleta for yearssss and they make clothing that LASTS.
How to do a Perfect Plank
Absolutely Awesome Abs Workout
I partnered up with them to share with you their new Powervita fabric…and let me tell you it feels like heaven.
It has just the right amount of compression, and is so silky smooth and soft that it feels like a seconds skin. It literally hugs your body in the best possible way, with just the right amount of support and it never sags or over-stretches…so your booty looks amazing always.
Second, the colors, the lines, and the cuts are all amazing — super feminine with flattering design details. and super cute patterns and prints.
The fabric is the softest I’ve ever felt for workout leggings…no lie. I choose the Colorblock Mesh Salutation Capris in Cobblestone Grey, and they have the most delicate mesh detailing on the side that I am OBSESSED with.
I also choose the Fully Focused Sports Bra in Grey Heather and it keeps the girls in and super secured…it even passed the “Burpees test” – any of you ladies test out your sports bras?? LOL
And lastly, I picked the Yogini Tank in Bright White….and I am LOVING the back detail to show off the strappy sports bra back. The grey and white combo is everything right now and I can’t stop wearing it. Seriously, in love.
Get the Gear
Yoga Design Lab Combo Mat (in Geo)
Get the Look
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
The BEST Ab Exercises
- Roll Ups – Start by laying on your back with arms extended overhead and legs out straight. Engage your abs then flatten your lower back into the mat. Then, without using momentum, use your abs to peel your spine off the mat, one vertebra at a time. Use your abs to sit all the way up and reach towards your toes, making a C-curve with your spine. Slowly lower back down, keeping your heels glued to the mat, then repeat. The key is to make sure you roll SLOWLY through your spine, using your abs, and not “hoisting” yourself up with momentum. Repeat for 10 full roll downs.
- Criss Cross – Bring your knees up to a tabletop position, and your hands behind your head. Start with your RIGHT knee in towards your chest, then extend your LEFT leg out straight to 45 degrees. Curl up and twist your torso to the RIGHT, so that your LEFT elbow reaches towards your RIGHT knee. Twist back through the center and start to switch your legs. Repeat twisting to the LEFT knee as you reach you RIGHT leg out straight for ONE repetition. Complete 10-15 repetitions.
- Corkscrews – Still on your back, raise yourself up onto your elbows, lifting your chest and keeping your back straight. Then bring your legs straight up to the ceiling and engage your abs. Keeping your legs and spine straight, begin to draw a circle with your legs. Lower them down and to the RIGHT. Once you hit the bottom, use the obliques to finish drawing the circle and pull the legs up on the LEFT side. Then at the top, reverse and draw the circle in the other direction. Complete 10 circles in each direction.
- Tick Tock Planks – Come into a plank position on your elbows, keeping your abs tight and a straight line from your head to your toes. Then glide from your shoulders to shift your weight back into your heels and bring your shoulders back about 3 inches behind the elbows. Use your abs to shift everything back forward, bring the shoulders 3 inches in front of the elbows. Continue rocking back and forth without lifting your hips at all. Complete 10 rocks back and forth.
- Side Plank Crunch – Come into a side plank position then reach your top hand towards the ceiling or place it on your top hip. Lower the bottom hip down to tap the floor, then lift the hip back up by engaging the lower oblique muscles. Complete 10 repetitions on the right side before switching to the left for both side plank exercises.
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
So tell me beautiful babe, what’s your favorite ab exercise? ♥︎
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Athleta. All opinions are as always 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make The Live Fit Girls possible!