This 15 minute booty band butt workout will target every angle of your glutes for an efficient workout using only a mini loop resistance band!
As you know I am all about booty bands…and efficiency.
So naturally the next workout up in our little 15 Minute Sweat Series is this 15 Minute Booty Band Butt Workout.
This quick routine will target every angle of your gorgeous backside in just under 15 minutes AND only using a mini band.
These resistance band exercises are the BEST glute exercises for shaping and strengthening your glutes.
This workout is great as a stand alone workout, or as a warm up or a burn out for another leg workout. Or if you want you can string it along with another workout for a different area for a total body burn.
However you choose to incorporate this lower body workout routine into your weekly schedule, I know you will love it!
Why are Booty Bands so Efficient?
Booty Bands are amazing tiny pieces of equipment that pack a huge punch. They are essentially a large rubber band that many times you place around the thighs or the calves to help work your glutes.
They target and isolate the muscles of your butt (your glutes) which means that they help to activate many muscles that we tend to underuse like the smaller muscles in the butt — the gluteus medius and the gluteus minimus. YES, there are other muscles than just the gluteus maximus!
They are great not only for activation exercises in a warm up, but also to use during your workout. You can use booty bands with other equipment like dumbbells and barbells to make the entire exercise even more efficient.
And don’t be fooled, just because they are called booty bands doesn’t mean you can’t work other muscles. In fact I have an entire 8 week program only using booty bands that works your entire body AND includes cardio.
They are extremely inexpensive, and so small they can fit into your purse. In my personal opinion, this is the ONE piece of equipment everyone should own if you want to workout at home.
Resistance Band Butt Workout
Equipment You’ll Need:
You’ll want a good set of quality booty bands — also known as loop resistance bands or mini resistance bands.
I have tried many different brands over the years and this set is my favorite. You will get a set of four different resistance tensions, so that you can find the perfect resistance for you.
For this workout I would recommend choosing a medium to heavy resistance.
You may want to have a comfortable mat as well, especially since we are will be kneeling for some of these exercises. If you don’t have a mat, you can simple fold up a towel or blanket to place under your knees.
You can do the follow-along workout video below, or you can choose to do these exercises on your own at your own pace with the instructions outlined below.
In the video I can be your own personal trainer as I demonstrate all of these booty band exercises and give you cues to follow along for the entire routine.
15 Minute Booty Band Butt Workout
Start standing with feet hip-width apart and place the band around your legs just above your knees. Step your right foot out the the right and then lower down into a squat position sitting the hips back and pressing the band open. Stand back up and step the right foot back in. Repeat leading with the left foot and squatting to the left side. Focus on using the outer thighs to open on the band and the booty to perform the squat. Complete 30 repetitions with 15 on each side.
Now bring the feet shoulder-width apart still with band just above the knees.Lower down into a squat, making sure to keep your weight in your heels, then stand back up squeezing your glutes at the top.Use the booty band as feed back to make sure the knees are not caving in, and that your out thighs are still active. Complete 25 squats and then stay at the bottom of your last squat. Pulse the knees open and closed and inch for 10repetitions, and then stand back up.
Booty Band Bridges
Muscles targeted: gluteus maximus, medius and minimus (all three butt muscles), hamstrings (back of the legs), and hip abductors (outer thighs)
How to do Glute Bridges:
- Keeping the resistance band around your thighs just above your knees, come down onto the mat and lay on the floor with your knees bent, your feet flat on the floor hip distance apart. Engage your core and bring your arms long by your sides.
- Press your weight into your heels as you lift your hips up and squeeze your glutes. You should be in a straight position from your shoulders to your knees, and have your abs as tight as they would be in a plank. Make sure you have tension through the booty band, just don’t worry about pressing the band open too wide, keep your kneeship distance apart.
- Lower your hips back down to your starting position for one repetition. Complete 20 bridges.
Glute Pulses – After your last repetition, come back up to your bridge and hold at the hop. From here, keep your core tight as you lower your hips down and inch and up and inch to pulse. Complete 10 pulses, and then hold at the top
Glute Squeezes – Now from the top of the bridge position, keep your torso and hips steady as you squeeze your glutes so hard that you open the band out an inch or two. Pulse the band open and close for 10 repetitions. And then finally lower all the way back down to your original starting position.
Booty Band Hydrants
Muscles targeted: gluteus maximus, medius and minimus, abductors, core
How to do Booty Band Hydrants:
- Come onto and all-fours position with the booty band still around your thighs. Bring your hands under your shoulders, and your knees under your hips. Keep the shoulder girdle engaged and the core engaged.
- Now without shifting the torso, lift the RIGHT knee to hover slightly off the ground. Try to engage your obliques to prevent your hips from shifting to the left side. Raise the RIGHT knee out to the side to stretch the band, aiming to keep the shins parallel to each other, and squeeze your right booty cheek.
- Slowly lower back down to your starting position, and repeat without letting your right knee rest on the floor.
- Complete 20 repetitions on the right, and then hold at the top to pulse for 10 repetitions. Finally lower the knee back down to the floor and repeat everything on the LEFT side.
Booty Band Glute Kickbacks
Muscles targeted: gluteus maximus, medius and minimus, hamstrings, core
How to do Resistance Band Kickbacks:
- Continue in your all fours position, but now shift the booty band lower down your feet towards your ankles. You’ll want to position the band around the arches of your feet and over your shoelaces. Keep both feet flexed to hold the band into position.
- Again without shift to your left, slightly raise the RIGHT knee off of the mat to hover. Engage your booty to press your right leg straight back leading with your heel, and imagine that you are making a footprint on the wall behind you.
- Slowly bring the leg back to your starting position, and repeat for 20 reps. Continue into the next exercise remaining on the right side before switching the the left.
Booty Band Glute Lifts
Muscles targeted: gluteus maximus, medius and minimus, hamstrings, core
How to do Banded Glute Lifts:
- On your last Glute Kickback hold the leg out in a straight position, still keeping the core engaged to make sure you don’t shift into the left side.
- Now lower the toes down to tap the floor, then squeeze your butt to lift the leg back up towards the ceiling. Aim to keep the hips parallel to the floor, and use your abs to make sure your lower back doesn’t arch.
- Complete 20 repetitions, then hold at the top and complete 10 pulses at the top, maintaining stability in the torso.
Lower back down and switch sides to repeat the Glute Kickbacks, Glute Lifts, and Pulses on the left side.
If you like this workout you will love…
- 8 Weeks of Full Body Workouts that will tone every inch of your body — with a HUGE emphasis on lifting + sculpting your booty!
- Strength Workouts to tone + tighten
- Fat Burning HIIT Workouts to boost your metabolism!
I hope you enjoy this booty band butt workout and all of the 15 Minute Workouts in the new Sweat Series. If you are looking for even more booty band workouts, check out the 8-Week Booty Band Program, with over 100+ booty band exercises that will sculpt and tone your entire body!
Looking for More?
Try out the Fitness Collective App FREE for 14 days!
Instant access to over 150+ full-length workout videos, hundreds of recipes, and built-for-you workout programs!