Ladies, if you are looking for the most perfect grab-and-go breakfast for those frantic weekday morning, THIS recipe is for you! 😉
These Mocha Chocolate Protein Muffins are everything you could ever ask for for a healthy and satisfying breakfast. They’re high in protein, low in fat, and have just the right amount of chocolatey mocha flavor!
They are also super easy to make, and only take 30 minutes from start to finish. They even freeze really well if you can’t make it through and entire dozen by yourself in one week!
For this recipe you simply mix together all of your wet ingredients, then your dry ingredients, and mix the two. Add in some dark chocolate chips, and you have a triple chocolate mocha muffin!
For my protein powder I’m using my favorite Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro70 in chocolate, but any GOOD QUALITY chocolate protein powder will work just fine. 🙂 I love Manitoba Harvest because it’s only made with FOUR all-natural ingredients, and tastes amazing!
- 1 shot espresso OR 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used 1%, but any any kind is fine)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour OR whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (I used Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro70)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and lightly grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl mix together the espresso, milk, Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth, and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, and baking soda until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine into a smooth batter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon, scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tins. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 10-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 12
What’s your favorite on-the-go breakfast for a busy morning?