Fit Girl Mama’s out there — this is for YOU! Instead of feeding your little ones those nasty frozen “chicken” tenders available these days — take just 5 extra minutes to make then yourself.
As I’ve mentioned before, I am forever stocked with almonds and almond milk thanks to my partnership with Blue Diamond. So, naturally, I use them for just about everything — and I promised a few weeks ago, I would be sharing one of my favorite ways to use almonds — as a crispy coating for chicken tenders!
I try to limit the amount of carbs I eat later on in the day, so sometimes I like using almond meal to coat things like chicken, salmon, cod.
Using mashed-up almonds instead of flour or breadcrumbs is a great way to add a little extra protein and healthy fats into meals to help you feel satisfied and feel fuller for longer — it’s one of my favorite little tricks for keeping a bikini body.
And speaking of bikini bodies — can we just talk about last week’s USA Swim Trials? Seriously, what babes!
While at our friends house in Arizona over the holiday weekend, we were all discussing swim strokes — let’s just say I was seriously laughed at for my interpretation for the butterfly stroke. HA!
But really, I need some major help if I’m going to be doing a triathlon next year…
I guess I’ll take notes from the USA Swim team, who have also partnered with Blue Diamond Almonds as their official snack nut — and since they are MY official snack nut as well (LOL)…that must mean I will eventually be an amazing swimmer…RIGHT?!
Anyway, back to this ridiculously easy recipe…
And yes, trust me, it is SO easy — there’s no need for those frozen boxed “chicken” tenders, when you can make these.
I heat them up for a few minutes in the OVEN (instead of the microwave) so that they don’t get soggy, and they stay nice and crispy…and BOOM — awesome sauce!
Oh yeah! That also reminds me…I included a KILLER Sriracha Dipping Sauce for you to enjoy with these if you like a little extra heat like me…otherwise some good quality ketchup will always do, too! (this is my fav — it’s BOMB, btw!) 😉
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 cups Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
For Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly brush the foil-lined baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- In a low-set bowl, whisk together the eggs and the Sriracha until well combined.
- In a second low-set bowl, combine the finely ground almonds (you can either smash them in a ziplock bag with a heavy skillet or pulse them in your food processor a few times), and spices until mixed.
- To coat the chicken, dip the tenderloins in the egg mixture and then place the tenderloins in the almond mixture, flipping to coat each side. You can even gently pat the almond mixture onto the chicken.
- Place the tenderloin on the baking sheet, and repeat with the remaining tenderloins.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reach 165 degrees.
For the Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together the greek yogurt and Sriracha until smooth.
- Serve with the baked tenderloins and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4
Tell me…do you have any tips for swimming?? Lol, I need all the help I can get!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Blue Diamond Almonds understand what it takes to be the best. That’s why we’re proud to be an official sponsor of USA Swimming. Visit www.LaneToGreatness.com for a chance to win $5,000 to fuel your dreams of greatness (whatever they may be), get Blue Diamond Almonds coupons and recipes, and more!