With the Super Bowl less than 2 weeks away I have decided that all recipes over the next 2 weeks will be dedicated to tasty (but healthy!) snack foods and SuperBowl favorites!…Can you say BBQ Chicken?…or Spinach Artichoke Dip?….mmmmmm
First off on my Tasty Tailgate Treats, is Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas!! This is a tasty little snacking treat that is perfect for munching! Swap these with those salty and fatty oil-roasted nuts to save room for all other goods on the big game day! But I’m warning you, these are pretty addictive! Make sure you make enough for the whole party! 😉
Luckily, these only require a few ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare! All you have to do is grab a can or two of low-sodium chickpeas, rinse, drain, and allow them to dry completely before you roast them, so they get nice and crispy! Season them however you’d like, I choose spicy, but feel free to use a tablespoon of honey and and a few generous pinches of cinnamon for a sweat treat!
Allow these tasty little morsels to cool completely before munching away…trust me on this one! 😉
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas (no salt added)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of cayenne to taste
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and dry them gently with a kitchen towel.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing the chickpeas to coat them evenly.
- Spread chickpeas evenly in a single layer onto a bang sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy, shaking the tray after halfway through.
- Allow chickpeas to cool completely before enjoying!
- Serving Size: 4
What are your plans for the Super Bowl this year?