How to make simple fish foil packets with vegetables. These fish packets are perfect to grill or to bake, and make clean up a breeze!
Get ready for the most simple and delicious recipe ever!
With the warm weather approaching we have been doing a lot more grilling these days. And one of my go-to summer meals is grilled fish!
As you may remember, I was a pescetarian for 10 years, so needless to say I have perfected cooking fish. And one of my favorite ways to grill fish is in a simple fish foil packet that includes all your vegetables and flavor right inside!
These little fish packets have all the good stuff in one convenient little vessel! They are so simple and cook all your protein and vegetables at the same time. Basically, they are pretty much effortless.
And when you have a big cookout you can even prep your packets ahead of time. Once everyone arrives you can just throw a whole bunch on the grill for the whole gang!
There are SO many reasons to love fish foil packets for grilling and baking!
Endless possibilities – You can literally throw anything into these foil packets and have a tasty meal in no time. The flavors of all the ingredients blend together to create and perfectly well rounded meal. Just throw in seasonal vegetables and fish and you have a gourmet meal in minutes!
Get creative, try different kinds of fish, vegetables, or herbs and spices to make these packets exactly what you’re craving!
Low Fat and Packed with flavor – These little packets basically steam your food, so there’s no need for added fat AND the packets seal in all the flavor! YUM!
Easiest clean up ever – Absolutely no dishes = BIG win!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 2 - 6 ounce fish fillets (anything will work -- I used salmon)
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 slices of lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- pepper + salt to taste
- aluminum foil
- Tear two aluminum foil pieces about 16 inches long. Lay foil flat on a counter or baking sheet and lightly brush or spray with olive oil.
- Place half of the asparagus in the center of each piece of foil and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the fish fillets on top of the asparagus and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Top each fillet with 2 slices of lemon and arrange tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle capers over the fillets, drizzle with white wine, and top everything with the thyme.
- Fold the long ends of the foil up to meet over the fillet. Fold the ends down to one side, folding 3 times to fully secure. Pinch the open ends of the foil closed and fold up and over 2 times. Make sure there are no holes in the foil because you want to steam everything inside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place on the grill for 12-15 minutes (a little longer for thicker fish, like halibut).
- Remove foil packet from grill and carefully open each side of the packet, allowing steam to escape. Open packet completely and transfer everything to a plate and serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove foil packet from oven and carefully open each side of the packet, allowing steam to escape. Open packet completely and transfer everything to a plate and serve.
What will you be putting in your fish packet? Let me know in the comments!