Looking for the perfect grab and go breakfast option? These Healthy Banana Nut Muffins are exactly what you’ve been looking for!
I just love waking up and dreaming of what my first meal will be — there’s just so many tasty choices!
But, these gluten-free banana muffins are seriously my jam! — Oh yum, these would be amazinggggg with some blueberry jam! LOL
But anyway, these healthy banana nut muffins are going to be your go-to breakfast on busy mornings!
These are made from some of my favorite healthy ingredient substitutions — oat flour, almond flour, super ripe bananas, coconut oil, and honey. They also have a little protein boost with my all-time favorite protein powder, Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Whey Protein.
Seriously, if you haven’t gotten on the collagen train yet, you’ve got to check out the benefits of adding collagen into your diet.
But, really what I love best about these healthy muffins, is that I can meal prep them. I love making a big batch or two on the weekends. Then I’ll FREEZE them for when I really need them! (That is of course, IF I don’t eat them all right away, that is!).
These are also prefect when they’re warmed back up in the microwave for about 30 seconds. They’re SUPER moist, super flavorful, and perfectly filling to keep you energized for a crazy busy morning! Plus, it’s a great way to use up those bananas that are just a little to ripe…if ya know what I mean! 😉
Also, let’s talk about how incredibly easy they are to make. Seriously, all you have to do is put all of your ingredients into your mixer and then pour them right in your muffin tin. Then, in just a few minutes, you’ll have some amazing warm and tasty muffins.
- 2 SUPER ripe large bananas (the softer and mushier, the better)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Whey Protein
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- crushed walnuts or rolled oats for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease your muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and combine.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle the top with crushed walnuts or rolled oats if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes, and then remove from the tin and transfer to a cooling rack.
So, what’s your go-to “on-the-go” breakfast option?