Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and you deserve something special…
And nothing say Valentine’s Day more than Chocolate Covered Strawberries!
Grab your valentine this year and dip your own strawberries for a fun date! This festive treat is so simple to make, and when you have your special someone with you (or your best girlfriend! 😉 ) it makes it even better!
These little super-food treats are not only festive, but full of powerful health benefits!
Reasons to ♡ Chocolate Covered Strawberries
♥ Strawberries are High in Potassium – Potassium help keep your body’s water level in take which fight Belly Bloating
♥ Dark Chocolate has a High amount of Antioxidants – Cacao and dark chocolate contain polyphenols and flavanols which help prevent cell damage from free radicals and have anti-inflammatory properties
♥ Coconut Oil can Improve Heart Health – Studies show that eating the good fats in coconut oil can lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries (about 10)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- toppings of choice (optional) – unsweetened shredded coconut or crushed nuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave for 30 second bursts on 50% cook power until the chocolate chips are almost melted. Stir between each burst, it should take about 2 minutes total.
- When chocolate chips are almost completely melted, stir to allow the chips to fully melt without burning your chocolate.
- Holding a strawberry by the leaves, carefully dip it into the chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Dip into optional toppings, and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the strawberries and allow to cool for at least and hour.
- I would recommend to keep these in the refrigerator for freshness…and so they don’t melt! 😉
- Serving Size: 4
Do you have any fun Valentine’s Day plans yet? What are they?