Ok, so Memorial Day is THIS weekend! What are you going to bring to the parties this weekend that will help you stay on track?
May I suggest these little frozen treats??
Insert these super easy, and super satisfying banana pops!
HOWEVER, I do have a chocolatey treat for you as well! — Yup, it’s a two-for-one day!! <– don’t you just love those days?!
Like a I said, these are SUPER easy. Like, done on 5 minutes easy. And there is no added sugar, AND even a little bit of protein in there for good measure! 😉
These are perfect for kids, and really anyone, who needs just a sweet treat.
First, you stick some nanners with some pop sticks, coat them in some nonfat Greek yogurt or melted dark chocolate, and then roll them around in some crushed almonds.
Seriously guys…I am FOREVER stocked with almonds (and almond milk — shout out to Blue Diamond on that one!!) So, I basically use them for everything. Topped on some over night oats — check ✓. Sprinkled over salads — check ✓. Crushed up and coating chicken (recipe coming soon, I promise!) or these delicious banana pops — check ✓and check ✓!
But seriously, why not? Almonds are amazing in so many ways. They are filled with protein — 6 grams per serving — and have a ton of fiber. They also contain antioxidants like vitamin E — which is great for healthy skin! They are the perfect little snack or great for adding to your meals for an extra boost!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- wooden ice-pop sticks
For the Yogurt Pops
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds
For the Chocolate Pops
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Peel the bananas, and slice them in half. Gently press a stick trough the cut-end of each banana, and set aside on a plate.
For the Yogurt Bananas
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Using half of your prepared bananas, dip one banana pop at a time in the yogurt or use a spoon to spread the yogurt evenly over the banana.
- Roll the banana in the crushed honey roasted almonds, and set on the lined baking sheet.
For the Chocolate Bananas
- In a shallow medium bowl, microwave the dark chocolate chips and the coconut oil on 50% power for 30 second increments, stirring each time. Once the chocolate is almost completely melted, stir to melt the last little pieces. (This prevents your chocolate from burning!)
- Roll the remaining banana, one at a time, in the melted chocolate, and then roll in the crushed natural almonds, and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and allow the yogurt and chocolate to harden for about 30 minutes to an hour, and enjoy!
- Keep the bananas in the freezer until you are ready to eat them, or else they will melt!
- Serving Size: 6
What are you making for Memorial Day?? And what’s your favorite ways to use almonds?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions are 100% mine. Thanks for supporting The Live Fit Girls!