- In a standing mixer, cream together the coconut oil, and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, Vital Proteins, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer running on low, add the flour mixture to the creamed ingredients 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Form the dough into a ball with your hands and place on a piece of plastic wrap. Form the dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 — I did it overnight.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with coconut flour and roll the dough out until it is 1/4 thick. Cut out the cookies using your favorite cookie cutters. Work somewhat quickly so the dough stays cold. Using a spatula, transfer the cut cookies to the baking sheets. Place the baking sheets in the freezer for 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees — TRUST ME, you’ll want your dough nice and cold so your cookies don’t spread too much.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool on a baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting. Enjoy!