- 1 pound almonds – raw or roasted
- *If you are roasting your almonds, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roast almonds for 10 to 15 minutes, checking frequently. The almonds should be fragrant and slightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Put almonds in you food processor and turn on high.
- Every 5 minutes scape the sides down and continue grinding. Depending on the size of you food processor and how powerful it is it may take 20-30 minutes.
- Grind until almond butter reaches a smooth consistency of your liking.
- **If you are making chunky butter, chop a ¼ to a ½ cup of almonds and add to the smooth nut butter at the end. Pulse the food processor for 10 seconds to fully mix.
- Once the almond butter is the consistency you like, spoon into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Stays good up to 4 months (not that it will last that long!)