These festive fall days call for a healthy treat…Homemade Apple Chips are the perfect go-to snack this time of year!
A few weeks ago, I was able to take a day trip with my family up to Vermont for our Annual Apple Picking Adventure.
Of course, with apple picking comes an overflowing amount of apples!! Perfect for making tons of healthy and tasty fall recipes, not to mention a whole lot of Apple Pie Breakfast Parfaits!
These Homemade Apple Chips are a great snack or even dessert! They are perfect for a sweet craving! Not only do they taste better when you make them at home, but they are SO MUCH cheaper! Once you make them you will never go back to store bought!
I LOVE using Honeycrisp apples, but any will do! Top with tonsssss of cinnamon and bake, couldn’t get any easier! A perfectly clean snack!
- 2 apples – I love Honeycrisp!!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a mandolin or knife, slice apples very thin, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Lay apple slices on baking sheets, making sure not to over lap apple slices.
- Sprinkle apples with cinnamon.
- Bake for 3 hours or until apples are crispy, flipping apple slices halfway through.
- Serving Size: 2
Let us know how much you LOVE these healthy homemade apple chips on Twitter or Facebook, or take a picture and tag us @LiveFItGirls so we can see you tasty pics! What’s your favorite way to use all of you apples after apple picking?