This simple and Healthy Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast to meal prep for a busy week for breakfast, or is great to bring to an autumn brunch!
Well, it’s officially that time again…PUMPKIN SEASON is upon us!
To be honest, pumpkin flavored foods and treats are a newer found love for me. Growing up my mom didn’t like pumpkin, so I never had to eat it…and I just kind of thought that I didn’t like pumpkin either.
Fast forward to just a few years ago, when a client of of mine gave me a loaf of pumpkin bread for the holidays….and I LOVED it. In fact, that’s what inspired my Healthy Pumpkin Bread recipe.
I’m really excited to finally have found out that do actually love pumpkin.
I have been experimenting with all sort of recipes ever since…Have you ever done that to when you find a new food you like? It’s like you HAVE to try it a million different ways?
One of my favorites right now is actually this Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal. It’s super easy to throw everything together and it perfect for a portable breakfast for when you’re on the go!
It’s the perfect breakfast to make on Sunday morning and to enjoy all week! Yay for super easy meal prepping! 😉
I especially love it reheated and drizzled with a little bit of milk. YUMMMM!Print
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease and 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Lightly roast pecan for 4-6 minutes on a baking sheet, or until fragrant, and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin purée, almond milk, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add oats and spices, and mix until well combined.
- Spread oat mixture into the greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 8
Is there a food that you always though you didn’t like…and then found out you actually liked it a lot?