If you’ve seen our Resistance Band Booty Workout, you know that I LOVE resistance bands! Personally, I think that they are absolutely a home gym essential. They’re really inexpensive, take up virtually no space, and are relatively easy to find — and are CHEAP! They’re also perfect to bring to the park, or beach, or on vacation because they’re small and lightweight. You can get a great full body workout with just ONE little piece of equipment!
We love adding resistance bands into our ab workouts because it ensures that we go nice and SLOW and don’t use momentum when going through the movements. Ab muscles benefit from slower controlled movements more than fast, jerky movements. So make sure to do these exercises SLOW!
Flat Abs Tricks and Tips!
♥ CHUG your water, make sure you’re getting AL LEAST half of your body weight in ounces of water a day, plus 8 ounces for every 30 minutes you workout or for each alcoholic beverage your consume. Try adding fruit to make it tastier and more like a special treat!
♥ HIIT your Workouts HARD! – High Intensity Interval Workouts can burn the most amount of calories in the shortest amount of time as well as make your body a fat blasting machine ALL DAY LONG.
♥ Stand and sit with good posture! As a Pilates instructor, I see all day long how posture can effect peoples appearance. Stand or sit tall, reaching the crown of your head to the sky. Keep your shoulders back and down away from your neck. Engage your abdominals — just as if you were doing a plank. Practice standing and sitting like this as much as possible and soon you’ll notice a difference in how you look and feel!
If you like this workout you’ll LOVE these…
Resistance Band Arms + Abs
Resistance Band Abs + Booty
Resistance Band Ab Workout
Complete this workout as a circuit moving from one exercise to the next without rest. Then repeat this circuit 2-3 more times.
- Oblique Twists – Start standing with the handles under your RIGHT foot. Loop the band around your LEFT hand, so that it crosses in front of your body, and bring your hands behind your head. Twist toward the LEFT, rotating from your obliques, then lowly twist back to center and complete 15 repetitions on each side.
- Side Bends – Start standing with the handles under your RIGHT foot and hold the loop in your RIGHT hand with your elbow bent at 90 degrees. Press the band up overhead and reach up and over to the LEFT, squeezing your LEFT oblique and starting your RIGHT side body. Return to a straight line and then repeat 25 times on each side.
- Lower Ab Press – Lay on your back with the band looped around the arches of your feet. Bend your knees in towards your chest, and hold the handles in a bicep curl position. Engage your lower abs and press through your feet to straighten the legs. Keep your lower abs tight, then bend your knees back in and repeat for 15 repetitions.
- Open Close – Stay on your back with the band looped around the arches of your feet. Engage your lower abs to straighten your legs to a 45 degree angle. As you keep your lower abs tight, open your feet shoulder width apart, and then slowly bring the feet back together and repeat 15 times.
- Leg Lowers – Still on your back, keep with the band looped around the arches of your feet and your lower abs engaged to straighten your legs to the ceiling. Keeping the lower abs tight, lower the legs down to a 45 degree angle to the floor and use your abs to loft the legs back up. Repeat for 15 repetitions.
So what’s your favorite way to use resistance bands?