This soup is one of my all time favorite soups!
I started making this soup earlier this year when Meg and I had a small little Superbowl party. The soup was a hit with us AND all the boys!
This soup is perfect as a side to some roasted chicken or paired with a salad! The flavors are perfect for a comforting fall soup, but it’s surprising light and very low in fat making it a perfect dish for your Live Fit Lifestyle!
You know we are loving our fall recipes right now, and just like our Pumpkin Chicken Chili recipe this soup is great to make ahead and freeze for an easy weeknight go-to option!
I just made this soup over the weekend and will be serving it tonight for a dinner party to celebrate moving into a new apartment! Everyone loved it (there weren’t even any leftovers!!), and they had no idea it was healthy! Success! 😉Print
- 2 medium butternut squash (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the flesh of the squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on a baking sheet, flesh side up. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake squash for about 1 hour, or until fork tender.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool.
- In a stockpot, sauté the apple, onion, and sage in the remaining olive oil. Sauté over a medium high heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- When the squash has cooled enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and place it in the stockpot. Discard the skins.
- Add vegetable broth and water to the stock pot, and season with salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes. When finished, stir in milk.
- In a blender or food processor, blend small batches of the soup at a time until smooth.
- Serving Size: 6
What’s your soup recipe during the fall??
Get the Recipe Guide!
Instant access to over 300+ delicious recipes that will help you glow from the inside out. These healthy recipes will save you tons of time in the kitchen and help you FINALLY reach your goals.