So, I figured I’d finally share one of my favorite salmon recipes. Salmon is my absolute favorite fish. Not only is if full of lean protein but salmon has some of the highest levels of omega-3s out of any fish in the sea! Omega-3 fatty acids are healthy fats that can give you beautiful skin, nails, and hair.
During my weekly meal prep I usually prepare a pound or so of this salmon each week. For a healthy lunch I’ll pair it with some brown rice and green veggies or for a low-carb dinner I will top it over a salad with some homemade dressing.
- 4 – 6 ounce salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking dish with foil.
- Brush salmon with olive oil and place skin side down in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle salmon with dried herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes depending on how thick your salmon is, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Meal Prep Tips
- Cook your salmon as directed above, cooking it more on the rare side (this will make sure the salmon isn’t too dry after reheating!)
- Allow the salmon to cool for about 15-20 minutes at room temperature, and then transfer to your meal prep containers.
- Place the containers in the refrigerator UNCOVERED until cold. (This prevents the steam from staying in your container)
- To reheat, cook in the microwave for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serving Size: 4
What’s your “go-to” salmon recipe? Let me know you recipe in the comments!