As I mentioned yesterday, The Live Fit Girls is officially TWO years old!!
Two years ago, when I started The Live Fit Girls, I knew I wanted to share my knowledge and love of fitness with all the women struggling to live the life they wanted and to love themselves, just as I had a before. I knew I wanted to create a career in the online world and be my own boss. I knew that my dreams were (and still are HUGE)…but what I didn’t know was how much my life would have changed since starting this blog!
Two years ago when I started, I worked on this blog in my 400 square foot apartment in Brooklyn, NY…working as a personal trainer for a company that I honestly hated (and I really try not to be negative, but it was BAD — I LOVED what I did and my clients, but my manager was terrible…).
I never would have expected in just two years that I would have moved to New Jersey, and now be living in Minneapolis, MN…and to soon be moving to Los Angeles, CA — my DREAM!! (We move way too much I know…)
I never thought that I would be a freelance writer as a fitness expert or developing recipes for major websites out there. I didn’t think that I would be getting paid by large companies to be sharing what I already loved doing, and I never thought that I could ever possibly be this happy doing what I love.
So much as happened in the last two years and there’s still so much more to come! So now here’s a look at what 2016 has in store for The Live Fit Girls!
Big News for 2016
We’re MOVING! – So obviously, like I just mentioned we are moving to LA…like SOON! We should be in LA for the beginning of Febuary. After living in 5 different states, in the last 4 years, Nik and I are finally heading to his home state of Cali (to stay!). He’s taken a new job that’s he’s super excited about in LA so that we can move there, which will hopefully help me reach my career goals (check out more below!).
The Live Fit Girls Community – This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I will soon be creating a Facebook group to help you lovely ladies reach your goals. One of the best way to reach your goals is by having a good support system…so why not create our own and support each other! I will make an announcement when the group goes live, probably around March to get ready for summer!
Start Teaching Pilates and Group Fitness – I started my fitness career as an instructor and honestly miss it SO much. My options were limited in MN, and I really wanted to focus on getting the blog up and running and now it is, I am so ready to get back to teaching. I want to find a Pilates studio and a few spinning classes to teach each week — so stay tuned for class offerings if you’re in LA!
Meet Ups – Along with teaching classes I also want to host meet ups for readers, other bloggers, and any other fit girls who want to join. I plan on hosting some beach workouts followed by healthy treats and maybe even some bubbly! 😉 I’ll be making announcements when they will start as well!
DVD!!!! – So here’s the BIG one…my goal this year is to finally create and produce my very own workout DVDs!! (Eeek saying makes it so real!) This has been a dream of mine since I was 16 years old, and I’m finally starting to really make the plans to get it done. I will be working with a professional videographer and will make sure the quality is top notch! More information about the DVD is to come to stay tuned!
Nutrition Guide – This has been a sideline project of mine for almost a year and a half…I am working on creating the most EPIC Fit Girl Nutrition Guide for all of you, complete with over 200 recipes and exactly how you should be eating and why and when you should be eating certain foods. There is so much information in this guide it has taken me the last year to develop…so get ready for something BIG in the next few months!!
Ahh!! Oh my gosh saying all of this make me so crazy excited for 2016!! Is there anything you would like to see happen in 2016? Let me know below in the comments!
So now on to this decadent little beauty!
What a better way to celebrate a birthday than with a funfetti cake?!
Of course, who needs the temptation of an entire cake hanging around…so I thought I should create a SINGLE serve funfetti cupcake to celebrate!
It’s the absolute perfect way to celebrate and stay on track.
I made the cupcake with oat flour, but using whole wheat or almond flour would also work too. I also used coconut sugar in place of regular sugar and Greek yogurt for oil in the cupcake as healthier substitutions.
But the frosting is alllllll real! So be aware you may get a little sugar rush…I know I did! 😉 Just make sure to get a good workout in before you enjoy this little beauty so your body can metabolize the sugars as efficiently as possible, and you’ll be A-ok!
For the Cupcake
- 1/4 cup oat flour (or whole wheat or almond flour)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons rainbow sprinkles
For the Frosting
- 1/4 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon nonfat Greek yogurt
- all- natural food coloring (I used a powdered coloring made from beet juice – you can fin it in the baking section of Whole Foods or try this liquid coloring from Amazon)
- sprinkles for garnish
For the Cupcake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a single cupcake pan cavity with a cupcake liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat flour, coconut sugar, and baking powder until mixed.
- Add the egg white, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake liner and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the Frosting
- Add the powdered sugar, butter, and Greek yogurt into a small bowl or large mug. With a hand blender, mix the ingredients until it forms a smooth batter. (I only plugged in one of the mixers into my hand mixer for this, you won’t need both.)
- Add the food coloring if desired and blend until the color is smooth.
- Allow the cupcake to cool to room temperature completely before frosting. Evenly apply the frosting and sprinkle with additional sprinkles if desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- Serving Size: 1
Do you have any big plans or goals for 2016? I want to hear them! 🙂