The only problem?
Blue cheese dressing is usually made from a mayonnaise base, making it fatty and loaded with calories. The average blue cheese dressing has 10 grams of fat per tablespoon! That’s just insane, because honestly, who uses only a tablespoon of dressing?
So of course, one of my favorite healthy ingredients has come to the rescue once again — nonfat Greek yogurt for the WIN!
This lightened up recipe saves 8 grams of fat AND you get 2 tablespoons worth — and you won’t even be able to taste the difference! Get ready for one of your new favorite dressings! 😉Print
- ¾ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mash the Greek yogurt and blue cheese together in a small bowl with a fork, until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- To make this into a thinner dressing for salads, you can add a tablespoon or two of water until it become the consistency you want.
- Serving Size: 8
Whats your favorite way to use blue cheese?