- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (low-sodium if possible)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened
- 1 loosely packed cut of basil, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over a medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes and broth, then season with fresh ground black pepper. (If you want to have a little kick in your soup add a little bit more pepper!)
- Bring the soup to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Purée the soup using an immersion blender or carefully transferring to a food processor or blender. If using a blender, return the soup back to the pot.
- Stir in the almond milk and basil and let simmer for at least 15 minutes, allowing the soup to reduce and thicken.
- Ladle into serving dishes and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4