This Thai chile chicken and veggie sheet pan dinner is easy for a hectic weeknight meal or to add into your meal prep rotation. You throw marinated chicken thighs on a baking sheet with some veggies, and bake them to perfection!
Do you love Thai takeout? Yes, so do I babe! But most of the time when you order Thai from your favorite local restaurant it’s loaded with tons of extra oil and sodium. So I wanted to share a healthier, meal prep friendly Thai chicken and veggie meal that will have you skipping take out and making your own at home!
This sheet pan meal is made of hearty veggies, and savory marinaded chicken…and the best part? It’s all finished within 30 minutes!
Just toss it with some prepared brown rice and you’ve got yourself a healthy Balance Bowl. YUM
What you’ll need:
When it comes to the sauces and pre-packaged ingredients like the Thai chile sauce or Sriracha, always remember to choose products that have minimal, REAL ingredients and check those nutrition labels!
- Chicken Thighs
- Red Bell Pepper
- White Onions
- Sweet Thai Chile Sauce
- Fresh Ginger
- Coconut Oil
- Low-Sodium Soy Sauce OR Coconut Aminos
- Brown Rice if you want to make a healthy balance bowl
- Sheet Pan
- Aluminum Foil (optional)
Meal Prep Tips + Tricks
Make sure you oil the pan
Personally I love using aluminum foil to felp with clean up, but make sure you still oil up the aluminum foil. The Sweet Thai chile sauce ha some sugars in it so it doesn carmelize and will stick to the baking sheet
You can use any kind of chicken
Chicken thighs are great for sheet pan meals because they cook pretty quickly and take around the same amount of time as your veggies. If you use chicken breast you may need to cook a little longer, or you can cut them up into bite-sized pieces so that they cook a little quicker. I personally just like chicken thighs because there is one less step of having to cut your chicken.
Change up the veggies
Bok choy, baby corn, snap peas, and mushrooms are also great additions or substitutions and stay within the Thai theme of this dish.
This simple Thai Chile Chicken sheet pan meal comes together in less that 30 minutes, and is perfect for meal prep. Just serve over some simple brown rice, or enjoy as it is. The flavors are mouthwatering!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large head of broccoli, separated into florets
- 3 carrots, sliced
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- lime wheels, to top
FOR THE SAUCE
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce OR coconut aminos
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce together until smooth. Add the chicken to the bowl and gently toss to coat the chicken. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a large baking sheet, and arrange the veggies around the chicken. Drizzle the remaining marinade over everything and top with the lime wheels.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, flipping the chicken and tossing the veggies halfway through.