We’re bringing back an oldie’, but a goodie’ today ladies — the resistance band!!
Resistance band workouts have ALWAYS been a popular theme here on the Live Fit Girls, and I wanted to add another to mix. This workouts is a TOTAL body workout that will work all those major muscles and get that heart pumping too!
You’ll feel those biceps, legs, booty, and even those abs in this one — I know you’ll love it! Plus because it’s a full body workout, it’s great to do while traveling — all you need is a set of resistance bands and you can get a great workout in ANYWHERE!
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
Total Body Resistance Band Workout
- Squat + Overhead Press – Start with your feet shoulder width apart and the band under the arches of the feet — really make sure you’re pressing down hard to hold it in place! Hold onto the handles, and bring them up to a goalpost position, with your palms forward. Sit your booty back, into a nice low squat, and then press up through your heels, squeezing your booty at the top. As you press up to standing, also press the arms straight up overhead working the shoulders. Complete 15-20 repetitions.
- Bicep Curls – Keep the band under the arches of your feet, and bring your feet hip distance apart. Lower the arms down by your sides, bringing your palms facing front. Keep your elbows tucked in by your waistline as you curl the handles up towards your shoulder, engaging the biceps. With control, lower the arms back down and repeat 15-20 times.
- Lunges – Keep the band under your RIGHT foot, and step your LEFT foot back behind you in a big lunge position. Curl the band up to hold the band in a isometric bicep curl. Bend through both knees and lower down into your lunge position making sure both knees are bent at 90 degrees, and your front knee is directly over your heel. Use the hamstrings and booty to press back up, and repeat. Complete 15-20 repetitions with the RIGHT leg in front, and then switch sides.
- Side Steps – Place the band back under both feet, and this time cross the band in front of you making an “X” with the band. Hold on to the handles with your palms facing in towards you, and row the elbows up as high as the shoulders, and hold. Keeping the shoulders up, step the RIGHT foot out to the side, and then with control, step the LEFT over to meet it. Take about 5-10 steps to the RIGHT, and then repeat back to the left. Complete 20-30 steps total making sure you’re even on both sides.
- Shoulder Row – On your last side step, keep the band crossed, and then extend the arms back down, straight and row the elbows back up. Think of pulling the shoulder blades down your back, and keep your neck relaxed. Complete 15-20 repetitions.
- Side Plank + Rear Shoulders – Come down on your hands and knees and choke up on the resistance band, holding on to the tubing. Step the feet out into a full plank on your hands, with your hands holding the band. Position your weight in your RIGHT arm as you pull the band up to the sky with the LEFT arm, into a side plank position. Lower back down, and repeat 10-15 times before switching sides.
- Booty Kickbacks – Stay on your hands and knees and hold the band just under the handles. Place the band across the arch of your RIGHT foot, and lift your knee about an inch off the ground. Use the booty to press the RIGHT leg back straight squeezing the booty at the top. With control, bend the knee back in and repeat for 15-20 repetitions, before switching sides.
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
Have a great week ladies! ♥︎