Am I the ONLY child growing up who didn’t like tuna fish sandwich sandwiches? Most likely…but I’m also the only child who didn’t like peanut butter & jelly sandwiches too…so maybe I was just a troubled child. LOL
Fast forward about 20 years, and now I can’t get enough tuna fish. I swear it’s one of my most favorite quick and easy meals. Throw it in a salad, make a quick sandwich, top it on a few whole wheat crackers. Mmmm!!!
My love of tuna started to unfold when I was a pescatarian. (As you may or may not know about me, I was a pescatarian for 10 years, and only recently starting eating antibiotic and hormone free meats about a year and half ago.) Obviously being pescatarian I had to start liking more and more fish in order to get protein in…and a love of tuna was born!
And I have to say that THIS sandwich is one of my favorite ways to enjoy tuna — a Tuscan Tuna Melt sandwich on fresh baked bread!
Remember to about a month ago when I lived in Minneapolis — yeah, it already seems like an eternity ago! Well, one of my favorite little breakfast and lunch places Moose & Sadie’s, made THE BEST fresh baked bread… so obviously I had figure out how to recreate it. (Maybe I’ll share that recipe soon! 😉 )
Next on their menu for me to recreate? Their epic Tuscan Tuna Melt!
If you’re fed up with your boring tuna salad, you have to try this recipe! I used Bumble Bee’s responsibly wild-caught white albacore tuna for it rich, flaky texture, and mild flavor.
Then, I added some red onion, fresh garlic, grated carrots, capers, artichoke hearts, a little bit of Dijon mustard — top it with a big ol’ dollop of Greek yogurt to keep things on the “skinny” side, and some provolone cheese — and you got yourself an amazing, melt-in-your-mouth tuna melt.
It’s also a perfect high protein meal for a lunch on-the-go. If you’re looking for more simple and delicious recipe check out Bumble Bee some tasty ideas!Print
For the Tuscan Tuna Salad
- 1 – 12 ounce can Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna (in water)
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt & black pepper
For the Sandwich
- sliced fresh baked multi-grain bread OR Ezekiel Bread
- sliced provolone cheese
- fresh spinach
- In a medium bowl mix together the tuna, Greek yogurt, artichoke hearts, carrots, red onion, capers, mustard, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Once your ready to prepare your sandwich, prepeat oven to 350 degree and lightly toast two slices of bread for each serving.
- Spread a 1/4 of the tuna salad onto one slice of toasted bread, and place one slice of cheese on the second slice of bread.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese starts to get gooey. 😉
- Top the tuna salad with a handful of spinach and place the cheese bread slice on top. Cut in half and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4
What’s your favorite way to enjoy tuna? Let me know in the comments below!
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Bumble Bee Tuna. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love and that make The Live Fit Girls possible!
Get the Recipe Guide!
Instant access to over 300+ delicious recipes that will help you glow from the inside out. These healthy recipes will save you tons of time in the kitchen and help you FINALLY reach your goals.