- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 – 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed + roughly chopped
- In a stockpot, saute onion in olive for 2-3 minutes
- Add carrots and celery, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, quinoa, and spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and lower to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chopped kale and allow it to wilt. Serve and enjoy! 🙂