The ULTIMATE list of Healthy Foods at Costco to help you save money and eat healthy! Updated and current list for 2022!
When you think of healthy grocery stores usually the first store that come to mind are Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, or even some small local health food stores you may have in your area.
But did you know that Costco is actually one of the leaders in organic groceries?
Yes, it’s true! According to this article, Costco is now the leading retailer in the country for organic foods! And what’s more, they are ever adapting to add more and more organic foods as consumers demand healthier foods.
Nik and I have been members for a while and we do a lot of our regular shopping there. We go about every other week and stock up on essentials.
I still shake my head every time we go, I always see so many people coming out with boxes and boxes of processed junk food…It honestly makes me sad. Because Costco is the PERFECT place to load up on tons of HEALTHY food too.
When Nik and I head to Costco we really don’t leave with a MASSIVE overflowing cart like most people do. We just get a few of our staple foods and head out. It’s like a regular trip to the grocery store.
That’s because we load up on REAL FOOD…and that means that most of that food is perishable and won’t stay good for very long.
Just as in the regular grocery store, we shop around the perimeter of the store, we buy our produce, our protein and dairy, and our basic grains and canned goods. We almost never buy bags of chips or cookies, or all the processed foods.
Click here for your Free Printable Healthy Foods at Costco Shopping List!
* Keep in mind some of the items are seasonal and vary by location, especially some of the produce. Most of the canned and dried goods are easy to find year round at all locations. Prices may also vary by location.
Healthy Costco Produce
Costco is one of the best places to load up on fresh fruits and veggies!
Not only can you find some amazing produce for healthy snacks, but you’ll also find lettuce for salads or wraps, kale and spinach for smoothies, and so much more!
Plus, the turnover rate for the produce is so fast at Costco that their produce is always incredible fresh!
- Kirkland Organic Romaine Lettuce (6 heads) – $4.45
- Kirkland Organic Spring Mix (1 lb) – $4.35
- Kirkland Organic Spinach (1 lb) – $4.35
- Organic Blueberries (24 oz) – $6.99
- Organic Raspberries (12 oz) – $5.49
- Organic Strawberries (4 lbs) – $5.95
- Organic Blackberries (1 lb) – $6.95
- Earthbound Farm Organic Carrots/Baby Carrots (10 lbs) – $6.49
- Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets (36 oz) – $7.69
- Lemons (5lbs) – $6
- Spaghetti Squash (6lbs) – $6.50
- Organic Honey Crisp Apples (5.5lbs) – $16
- Organic Gala Apples (5.5lbs) – $6.50
- Organic Bananas (3 lbs) – $1.79
- Medjool Dates 2lbs – $8.99
- Sweet Potatoes
- Yellow Onions
- Avocados (6 pack)
Healthy Costco Meat + Protein
While Costco can make to hard to buy meat at since the quantity is so large, you can find some great options that freeze well so that you always have healthy protein on hand.
We love getting chicken breast, ground bison, and ground turkey to stash in the freezer.
- Coleman Organic Chicken Breast – $6/lb (comes in a 3 pack about 1 lb each)
- Coleman Organic Whole Chickens (2 pack)
- Diestel Organic Ground Turkey (2 – 1.5 lbs packages) – $15.99
- Kirkland Organic Grass-Fed Ground Beef (4lbs) – $19.99 (comes in 3- 1.33 lb packs, great for freezing!)
- Grass-Fed Bison (2.5 lbs) – $18.99 (come is 2 – 1.25lb packs, great for freezing!)
- Wild Caught Fish (Any) – varies
- Wild Caught Smoked Salmon – $16/lb
Dairy + Dairy Alternatives at Costco
Low-fat dairy and dairy alternatives are great to have on hand for easy snacks and healthy ingredient substitutions, at Costco you’ll find a ton of healthy options.
- Horizon Organic Milk (3 – 1/2 gallons) – $10.99
- Kirkland Organic Oat Milk (6 – 32 oz) – $ 11.09
- Kirkland Almond Milk (12 – 32 oz) – $14.99
- Kerrygold Grass-Fed Butter (1.5 lb) – $7.49
- Fage Nonfat Greek Yogurt (48 oz) – $6.45 (that’s LESS than the standard 32 oz tub at most stores!)
- Kirkland Organic Pasture Raised Eggs (2 dozen) – $6.49
- Tillamook Cheddar Cheese
Want a Free Meal Prep Guide?
Costco Healthy Snacks
Believe it or not you can actually find some pretty healthy snack options at Costco, which is great for families and those who need quick options for on the go.
These snacks are some of the healthiest you’ll find. But keep an eye out at your local Costco, I find these options tend to rotate the most.
- That’s It Mini Fruit Bars
- Kirkland Organic Roasted Seaweed
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars (36 bars) – $14.99
- Bare Organic Apple Chips
- Hippeas Organic Chickpea Puffs
- Kirkland Organic Dried Mango (2.5 lb bag)
- Kirkland Organic Apple Sauce (24 single serve pouches) – $ 8.99
Healthy Costco Frozen Foods
The healthy frozen section in Costco is absolutely amazing! If you have the space this is where you can buy in bulk and SAVE big.
- Organic Frozen Edamame (5 lbs) – $6.49
- Kirkland Organic Frozen Three Berry Blend (4 lb bag) – $10.89 (these are perfect for smoothies!)
- Kirkland Organic Frozen Strawberries (4lb bag)
- Kirkland Oranic Frozen Blueberries
- Kirkland Organic Riced Cauliflower (3 lbs)
- Kirkland Organic Frozen Broccoli
- Kirkland Organic Frozen Cauliflower
- Organic Whole Petit Green Beans (5lb) – $6.69
- Kirkland Frozen Mixed Vegetables (5lbs) – $8.79 (perfect for Shepherd’s Pie!)
Healthy Refrigerated Costco Foods
The refrigerated section at Costco also has a great selection of healthy options, too.
- Life is Good Ezekiel Bread (2 pack) – $6.99
- Dave’s Killer Bread (2 pack)
- Sabra Hummus (32oz) – $5.95
- POM Pomegranate Juice (60oz) – $8.95
- Pineapple Juice (64oz) – $9.95
- Kirkland Organic Hummus Single Serve Cups (20 – 2.5 oz cups)
Healthy Costco Grains, Pasta, + Rice
- Lundberg Organic Short Grain Brown Rice (12 lbs) – $10.45
- Garofalo Organic Variety Pasta (6 – 17.6oz bags) – $8.99
- Explore Asian Organic Black Bean Spaghetti Noodles (2 lb) – $8.99
- Kirkland Organic Quinoa (4.5 lbs) – $8.79
Costco Nuts, Nut Butters, + Seeds
Costco is a great place to stock up on healthy whole grains, nut butter, nuts and seeds. You’ll find some of the lowest prices possible on some amazing brands and items
- Kirkland Organic Hemp Hearts (2 lbs) – $10.99
- Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds (48 oz) – $7.49
- Kirkland Creamy Almond Butter (27 oz) – $6.49
- Kirkland Organic Creamy Peanut Butter (2 – 28 oz) – $9.99
- Kirkland Raw Almonds (3 lbs) – $16.99
- Kirkland Walnuts (3 lbs) – $18.99
- Kirkland Organic Pine Nuts (1.5 lbs) – $22.89
Dried + Canned Goods
We constantly keep our healthy pantry stocked with bulk dried and canned good for simple and fast meals when we need them, and Cost is great for buying in bulk to save a TON of money when your shopping healthy on a budget.
- S & W Organic Black Bean (8 – 15oz cans) – $6.59
- Wild Planet Wild Canned Tuna (5 pack) – $14.95
- Bear & Wolf Wild Canned Salmon Boneless & Skinless (6 – 6oz cans) – $12.99
- Kirkland Organic Chicken Stock (6 – 32 oz cartons) – $10.79
- Kirkland Organic Chicken Bone Broth (6 – 32 oz cartons) – $16.99
- Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk 9 (6 – 14oz cans) – $8.99
- Kirkland Organic Coconut Water (12 – 12oz bottles) – $14.99
- Kirkland Organic Diced Canned Tomatoes (12 – 15oz cans) – $7.99
- Kirkland Organic Tomato Paste (12 – 6oz cans) – $5.99
- Kirkland Organic Tomato Sauce (12 – 15oz cans) – $7.99
Healthy Oils, Sauces + Condiments at Costco
Costco has some of the best prices for healthy cooking oils, and they have an amazing and growing selection of healthier condiments available as well. You can find healthier avocado oil based mayo, as well as lower-sugar ketchup and healthier BBQ sauce.
You’ll even find amazing prices on staple pantry ingredients like raw honey and apple cider vinegar. Buying in bulk for these items can save you a LOT of money.
- Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2L) – $15.99
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil (2 – 1L bottles) – $19.59
- Kirkland Organic Coconut Oil (84 oz tub) – $11.69
- Kirkland Organic Raw Honey (3 – 24oz bottles) – $11.45
- Kirkland Organic Maple Syrup (1 L) – $10.79
- Kirkland Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (3 – 32oz bottles) – $6.99
- Volcano Organic Lemon Juice (2 – 1L bottles – $8.89
Other Pantry Staples at Costco
You’ll also find plenty of other great and healthy finds at Costco that don’t really fit into one of the above categories. They have a great selection of coffee, baking supplies, spices and herbs, and healthy living staples.
We buy their vinegar and baking soda for non-toxic cleaning and load up on pink Himalayan salt instead of processed table salt. There are so many hidden gems, and new items added all the time so always keep an eye out for new and exciting things.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (24 oz) – $29.99
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Chocolate Flavor (32 oz) – $29.99
- BetterBody Organic PBFit Powder (30 oz) – $11.69
- Mother Earth Organic Coffee (2 lbs) – $12.95
- Arm + Hammer Baking Soda (13.5 lbs) – $6.89
- Four Monks White Distilled Vinegar (2 – 1 gallon bottles) – $4.39
- Central Milling Company Organic All Purpose Flour (2 -10 lb bags) – $10.99
- Kirkland Blanched Almond Flour (3 lb bag) – $11.89
- Kirkland Himalayan Pink Salt (2 – 13 oz jars) – $5.29
- Kirkland Organic Saigon Cinnamon (10 oz)
More Tips for Healthy Costco Shopping
- Look for organic when possible and ALWAYS follow the Dirty Dozen Rule – at Costco the organic options are easily found by looking for the GREEN price signs
- Load up on plenty of fresh produce
- ONLY purchase organic or grass-fed meats and wild-caught fish
- Look at labels before you buy to make sure there are no sneaky ingredients! If you can’t pronounce it – don’t buy it!
- The BEST time to do your Costco shopping is on a Friday night! They stock everything for the weekend rush and there is NO ONE there! That’s when Nik and I like going (we hate crowds!)
- Avoid the samples at all costs! They are usually all processed foods!
- Costco is also a great place to buy electronics, household goods, and other things – Of course we buy toilet paper and things like that there as well, and we actually just bought our new phones there! They have great deals on TVs and cameras, and I tried to convince Nik we needed kayaks and a tent earlier this summer! (No luck…😔)
- Costco also has a great selection of wine and alcohol. We buy a majority of our alcohol here because it’s INSANELY cheap…and great quality! And who doesn’t love a good skinny cocktail or a summery sangria…in moderation of course!
- ONLY purchase what you will actually eat…you’ll never save any money if things go bad or you buy things you won’t ever eat.
Click here for your Free Printable Healthy Foods at Costco Shopping List!
What are your Costco Healthy Eating Essentials? Do I need to add any to the list? Let me know in the comments! 🙂
Get the Recipe Guide!
Instant access to over 300+ delicious recipes that will help you glow from the inside out. These healthy recipes will save you tons of time in the kitchen and help you FINALLY reach your goals.