Who says Chai is only for the fall season?!
This Vanilla Chai Smoothie is perfect for any time of year!
Greek yogurt makes this spicy smoothie nice and thick AND packs on the protein! This is the perfect smoothie to get your day started right or to replenish after a tough workout!
I used two Tazo Chai Tea bags and steeped them in warm almond milk overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning, pour the tea and the remaining ingredients into the blender and there you have it! I sprinkled a little extra homemade Chai Spice in as well for an extra little kick, but you can also use cinnamon.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Chai Spice or cinnamon
- Pour milk in a coffee mug and microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on 50% power.
- Steep tea bags according to package instructions.
- Allow chai tea to cool or place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or overnight.
- Combine tea and remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with Chai Spice or cinnamon.
- Serving Size: 1
What’s your favorite post workout smoothie?