This easy granola recipe is the perfect option for a nutritious breakfast or snack. Made with healthy rolled oats, filling almonds, and natural honey, you will LOVE how simple it is!
First of all, granola is SO easy to make yourself. Plus, it tastes soooo much better than store bought!
I prefer making my own granola so that I can control exactly how it tastes. Because I’m not a fan of super sweet granola, I use way less sugar than store-bought brands, and use honey instead of refined sugar. Plus, I LOVE lots of cinnamon — so you bet I pour that cinnamon on there heavy! 😉
But, the best part about this recipe is that you can totally make it your own!
You can tweak this recipe to make it perfect for YOU! Try adding in some dried fruit like raisins or cranberries. Or try using some different nuts like pecans or walnuts. You could even try adding some dried coconut! <– That’s one of my favorite additions! 😉
Also, this easy granola recipe is perfect to add into your weekly healthy meal prep! It takes only a few minutes of prep work and the rest is just waiting for it to cool.
And like I said, my favorite way to use this homemade granola is in yogurt parfaits! Which also makes a perfect quick meal prep breakfast idea!
While I prep some granola, I always make a few simple parfaits each week, too. Because you prep them in a jar, they make an ideal grab-and-go meal for breakfast, snacks, or even a healthy dessert option.
First, start by layering some non-fat Greek yogurt with this simple homemade granola. Then, top everything with some fresh fruit. That’s it! They take literally 2 minutes to make and are such a well-balanced meal — protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, and fresh fruit.
Greek yogurt is a great healthy ingredient substitute for regular yogurt because it’s wayyy lower in sugar. Plus, each cup of non-fat Greek yogurt packs at least 20 grams of protein!
Then, in the granola and you get a perfect source of complex carbs from the heart healthy oats with no refined sugar. And lastly, the nuts add in some healthy fats that also add in some bulk to your diet, keeping you feeling fuller for longer.
It’s like the ideal breakfast combo for busy morning #BossBabes!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a glass baking dish and toast them in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the oats are toasting, combine the wet ingredients.
- After the oats are toasted (they should be very aromatic), drizzle the honey mixture over the oats. Stir until well combined.
- On a baking sheet lined with wax paper form a single layer of the oat mixture.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and turn the over OFF. this will allow the granola to finish toasting without burning. Let it sit in the oven for 5-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
So what’s your favorite thing to add granola to?