I mentioned, my favorite way to serve it is over Blackened Mahi Mahi. Nothing says summertime to me quite like a spicy piece of fresh seafood with a sweet tropical fruit salsa. It’s the sort of meal I dream about all winter, when it’s 10 degrees here in NYC.
To blacken the mahi, I use my Cajun Seasoning. It’s literally one of my go-to seasonings for anything! It’s great to keep in an old cleaned out spice jar so that it’s ready to go anytime.
For the rest of this dish, I love to serve it over a cilantro lime rice or brown rice to have a well rounded healthy meal. But feel free to forgo the rice and just serve as is! This would also all be a great filling for some AMAZING fish tacos! 😉
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Season mahi fillets generously with cajun seasoning on both sides.
- Carefully lay the thicker end of the fillet down in the pan. Let cook 3-4 minutes per side, allowing each side to become slightly crispy and browned.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 1 minute.
- Arrange mahi fillet over 1/2 cup rice and top with 1/2 cup Pineapple Mango Salsa.
What’s your favorite Summer meal? We’d love to try your recipes!