If you’ve been keeping up with our #LiveFitSummer you’ve probably already seen this amazing Pineapple Mango Salsa recipe. It is the PERFECT summer salsa. It’s got just the right amount of sweet and spicy, it’s incredibly light and satisfying, and can be served with just about anything.
I mentioned, my favorite way to serve it is over Blackened Mahi Mahi. Nothing says summertime to me quite like a spicy piece of fresh seafood with a sweet tropical fruit salsa. It’s the sort of meal I dream about all winter, when it’s 10 degrees here in NYC.
To blacken the mahi, I use my cajun seasoning. It’s literally one of my go-to seasonings for anything! It’s great to keep in an old cleaned out spice jar so that it’s ready to go anytime.
For the rest of this dish, I love to serve it over a cilantro lime rice or brown rice to have a well rounded healthy meal. But feel free to forgo the rice and just serve as is! This would also all be a great filling for some AMAZING fish tacos! 😉
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Season mahi fillets generously with cajun seasoning on both sides.
- Carefully lay the thicker end of the fillet down in the pan. Let cook 3-4 minutes per side, allowing each side to become slightly crispy and browned.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 1 minute.
- Arrange mahi fillet over 1/2 cup rice and top with 1/2 cup Pineapple Mango Salsa.
- Serving Size: 2
What’s your favorite summer meal? I’d love to try your recipes!
Get the Recipe Guide!
Instant access to over 300+ delicious recipes that will help you glow from the inside out. These healthy recipes will save you tons of time in the kitchen and help you FINALLY reach your goals.